AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High Tensile fencing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

4MSU
Posted 9/24/2008 09:21 (#468213 - in reply to #467531)
Subject: RE: High Tensile fencing

I just finished building my first high tensile fence this summer. I fenced 80 acres and split it down the middle. I will never buy another role of barbed wire again. Before this the only fence I had was barbed wire. The HT fence was 5 strands with 4inch wood posts every 30 feet. The middle was 4 strands with posts every 50 feet. I have not had a cow or calf go through the middle section yet.

I know you said this will be temporary. If you own the land How about making it permanent so you can reuse it every year or every other with crop rotation. I think with grazing the stalks the fence will pay for itself in a short period of time. That is what I am thinking of doing next year. I have another 100 acres next to the 80 that I fenced. I hope to run either 3 or 4 wires around it with posts every 50 feet. Making 3 wires hot with a very good fence charger. I could just run 1 wire with temp posts but I could not sleep at night knowing how easliy they could go through it, and I do have a busy road next to it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)