AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Started preg. checking cattle yesterday, pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 9/26/2008 04:47 (#469612 - in reply to #469453)
Subject: RE: Who is going to do this work in 10-15 yrs?

I've asked these questions for years, I told the Farm Credit bankers 18 years ago, if you guys don't start loaning money to younger farmers, then in a few years where is their bank going to be? At the time, there was a lot of farmers in this area, that went bankrupt. And they wouldn't loan any money it was damm tought to get started. At that time the avg. age of farmers/ranchers in this valley was over 60 years old. , now it's spilt at mid 40's and 75 year olds. But half as many people in the valley.

I don't know about making you guys look silly, the biggest number of cattle owners is east of the rockies, and more cattle there. They are just in smaller herds. I love to look at pics of everybody's farm operations, I would love to have some of that topsoil you guy's have! I keep telling my buddies, why do we beat our heads on cemment trying to grow crops out here, I see pics of your places, and yeilds.

I feel very luckly to have control of my wife's family ranch and my families ranch. They were both started in the late 1800's, it's a privlege to be able to run them, I hope and pray we never lose them!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)