AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pics of my economical dairy set up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rodave
Posted 2/25/2009 11:11 (#622290)
Subject: pics of my economical dairy set up

Heres some pics..
the parlor is a surge side exit auto flow 5 stalls, its attached to the older tie stall barn, I kept 8 tie stalls for milking cows that need to be seperated and also remodeled so to have a couple calving pens and the rest of the old barn is made into calf pens. Heifers and dry cows are housed in an open front barn which has a locking headgate along the feeding area, this I want to put a roof over it since sometimes its just not possible to work with the cows when the weather is nice. Feed is stored in tower silos and wrapped bales, I dont use a TMR mixer, the cows get silage twice a day via a patz v-plow belt feeder, 60 feet long and have access to dry hay and wrapped hay in feedersd in the yard and in summer they have pasture. I feed a 16% dairy supplement in the parlor while milking, it works well the cows seem to be encouraged to come in and they have something to do while being milked. Most of the milking system is surge, the bulk tank is a daricool(boumatic) 1000 gallon. The freestalls are iin a old remodeled shed that I built onto so it would be big enough, the stalls are bedded with sawdust twice a week with the skidsteer, I have a side slinger bucket for this job, its pretty dusty so I am glad to have a full cab on the skidsteer. Manure is semi solid, and scarped with a tractor or the skidsteer into a pile at one end of the yard. At the moment I am milking 62 cows, which is a little more than I have stalls for but I fiugure that not all the cows will lay down at the same time. Its about 1 hour 40 minutes to milk with this parlor. With more cows I would need to have a double side parlor.

(calving pen.jpg)

(freestallls1.jpg)

(freestalls2.jpg)

(heifer barn.jpg)

(milk room1.jpg)

(milk room 2.jpg)

(parlor1.jpg)

(parlor2.jpg)

(parlor3.jpg)

(parlor4.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments calving pen.jpg (90KB - 489 downloads)
Attachments freestallls1.jpg (72KB - 475 downloads)
Attachments freestalls2.jpg (62KB - 464 downloads)
Attachments heifer barn.jpg (86KB - 461 downloads)
Attachments milk room1.jpg (91KB - 493 downloads)
Attachments milk room 2.jpg (70KB - 465 downloads)
Attachments parlor1.jpg (58KB - 478 downloads)
Attachments parlor2.jpg (55KB - 501 downloads)
Attachments parlor3.jpg (63KB - 482 downloads)
Attachments parlor4.jpg (86KB - 520 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)