AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Attached garage heat source in northern climates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Paystar500
Posted 2/4/2022 19:40 (#9483639 - in reply to #9483005)
Subject: RE: Attached garage heat source in northern climates

Skyhighballoon(MO) - 2/4/2022 14:51 Just for reference, I built a 36'x54' (deep/wide) attached garage on my new house in 2016 here in central Missouri. 100% sheet rocked, R30 blown cellulose in the attic, 2x6" outer walls with blown cellulose so R20-R21 at least? Two 10'X18' (tall/wide) R9 insulated garage doors. No insulation of the floor or stub walls. No heat but I've never had an issue with any door freezing even when it's got to -10. Usually stays about 50 degrees, 45 on very cold days - warm enough that the fridge works right. That's with the doors shut for an extended period of time. Always get in and out quickly when it's cold to minimize any loss. Floor slopes to the doors and vehicles with snow pack will melt off overnight. If I need to work on something I have a radiant propane heater on a 20 lb cylinder to warm up that area.

I'm a few miles south of you, same here 20 year old house, 19 in walls 30 in ceiling, 8x16 door and walk door, garage is on north side of the house, no heat, coldest it has ever gotten is 37.5

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)